Saturday, December 03, 2011

Cookies!

I have a group of friends (I bet you thought Amy was my only friend didn't you?) that get together and we do a Soup Swaphttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif each month.


For December we thought it would be fun to do a Cookie Swap!


We had about twice the normal number of swappers show and it was a little chaotic but I think everyone was happy with the out come.

I got so many different kinds of cookies!

I've mentioned Pinterest.com before and in my efforts to justify my love for it I've been trying to actually make the things I "pin".

I made Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake cookies


Pretzel Cookies with Chocolate and Peanut Butter chips


I also made Chocolate Chip and Candied Bacon cookies


last but not least was my first effort at a Vegan Cookie...Vegan Cookie Dough Bites

O.K I tried three times to upload a photo without success so you're just going to have to use your imagination or follow the link.

Even though it doesn't taste exactly like cookie dough (something I've never been fond of eating raw anyway) I thought it tasted good. Jason was horrified. But I think that was because I told him it was Vegan before I gave him a bite.

I know I went a little overboard but they were all delicious...so delicious that Grace helped herself to about half of my cookie hoard this morning in retribution for Jason and I leaving her at home when we went running.

I was not happy.

My run went O.K. though. If you don't take into account that my Garmin ran out of batteries on the drive over to our meeting spot. I ran with Heather for the first half in an effort to know what speed I was running and then with Amy in the second half because she makes sure we can walk for part of our route:)

The high point was finding the bathrooms at the Farmers Market were open.
It was a MUST.
Luckily they were :)

3 comments:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

I'm seriously sad I missed out on all that deliciousness! There are so many friday evenings I sit around and do nothing, but the one friday evening you're having a cookie exchange I'm triple booked!

Terra said...

Sure, Sure...I've invited you to like 6 soup swaps and there is always SOMETHING! :)

If you bring some cookies to the chocolate house thing I'll bake some more and we can swap:) If I can rustle up some more chairs I'll see if Heather wants to come too. She ended up with to much reading to come.

Amylee said...

I know all about needing a bathroom during a run. ALL. ABOUT. IT. Unfortunately. Thankfully I run in the middle of nowhere. I want to do a cookie swap!!!