Monday, March 31, 2014

Boston Marathon!...and Taper Begins:(

What an adventure!

We had pretty decent weather today, which in the Pacific Northwest means it wasn't raining,
or hailing like it did as soon as I went out yesterday.

There was even a bit of sunshine for me to run in!

I had been dreading this workout all day for no other reason than it sounded really long, and long=hard for my brain.

I knew I could do it, because I've done it before, but that little voice was loud in my ear today.

I love that they included a token pair of vibrams 

Plus, none of my regular speed buddies could make it tonight.
Cody and Mark came to my rescue and ran with me.

I have reached that dangerous section of training...the Dreaded Taper.

You can't really do anything to improve your fitness and it's not really long enough to lose fitness, so it's really tempting to start skipping workouts and just eat. Particularly if the run doesn't seem hard enough.

Don't worry, tonight's run was hard enough:)

8 X 800 meters with 1:30 recovery

My goal pace was 3:23

3:22, 3:20, 3:21, 3:19, 3:20, 3:21, 3:20, 3:19

I really like seeing even splits. Even better than the lower than goal paces:)


There's 21 days until the Boston Marathon. I'm strangely zen about it, which is making me more nervous because I'm NOT nervous!


I'm going to have one of these in less than ONE MONTH!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wish i knew you needed buddies i would have been there sprained ankle and calf see you tomorrow awesome times and splits terra your going to do well at boston