Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What's that tingling feeling?

Yesterday was a HARD day.

Today was a hard day. I honestly didn't know if I was going to make it through the day without bursting into tears right in the face of a co-worker.

It was like an emotional marathon...that never ended. Seriously it was like the day would never end.

It was a beautiful perfect fall day though, so I was very grateful for that.

I also have managed to make some small movement in some of my goals that I posted!

Yay, for happy things!

First. I actually ran my speed workout.
It was a bit of a close call with some of the first gross weather of the season, but, thanks to good running friend Erik and SUNSHINE! I got my tush out the door.

Then I croaked at my new paces.

I've decided to work on my 5k PR with a Christmas race as my goal.
Maybe the St. Martins jingle bell run? I heard a nasty rumor that they make you run through a field.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

My workout was 8 X 400 meters with 400 meters recovery.

My goal pace was 1:29.

Somehow that seemed MUCH faster than the 1:34 from my marathon training.

1:33, 1:30, 1:29, 1:28, 1:27, 1:29, 1:31, 1:28

I'll tell you what...that 1:27 just about killed me. I was amazed at the difference in how I felt running the 1:27 vs. 1:29. My legs and arms were all tingly and I was kind of wondering what was going on there...the 1:29 was hard, but there wasn't any tingling. Those two seconds...whew! They matter!

I also found two more geocaches, bringing my yearly total to 33:)



No comments: