Thursday, March 03, 2016

30 Day Minimalism Challenge


Ok, everyone I’m jumping down the rabbit hole!

I have been living with depression and general unhappiness for the several years and I have decided that I’m not willing to continue living that way for any longer. I’ve been working on THE PLAN for this change.

Mostly this has involved making lists. I actually LOVE making lists. If you look through my bags, or through my house, you’ll find them everywhere. But the time for lists has past, and now the time to move beyond the lists and start applying them to my life.
 

 I’ve decided to jump start the process of simplifying my life by playing the 30 Day Minimalism Challenge, which involves going through my stuff and getting rid of an increasing number of items each day.

Day one…one item

Day two…two items

Day three…three items

And so on.

By the end of the month I would donate, sell or trash 465 items. Truth be told, I’m not sure I have that many items to discard but that’s not really the point, is it?
I even got a friend to do it with me:)

The point is to wade through all those things in life that distract from enjoying family, friends and life.

This seems to be a good first step to clear the cobwebs in my life and find new focus on what is truly important to me.

I’m hoping that this will also help me free up time that I can use for other things that have been showing up repeatedly on my many lists. Things like:

Better nutrition. I want to do a better job on meal planning so that I can reduce my food waste, as well as the financial waste that purchasing food I’ll never get around to eat results in. The next step to reach my running goals, is to improve the fuel I’m giving my body in order to become stronger.

I have a HUGE Pinterest board filled with project ideas. Patterns of things I want to make for people, plans of things I want to build. Instructions for skills I want to learn. I know that I’m wasting a huge amount of time that could be used towards reaching those goals.

No comments: