Wednesday, June 28, 2017

When you know all the answers and still mess up...

Sometimes I just want to kick myself.



I had 17 miles to run this weekend and it was supposed to get up into the 90's but at 6am I was trying to bargain with myself that I would get up early tomorrow...but even laying in bed wishing for more sleep I knew I wouldn't get up early tomorrow. There is a reason all the fitness experts tell us to stick to a schedule.  







But it's not a secret that I hate mornings.
I can't believe this photo finally came in handy!
Or that I put it on the internet...







I once convinced my mother and sister Abby I had died in my sleep because I didn't want to wake up and get out of bed.







Seriously. I was so committed to convincing them I was asleep and they should leave me alone, that they decided the only reasonable answer was that I was dead.

True Story.
(One of the three seperate times Abby thought I was dead.)







Anyway, I decided that I wanted to sleep in rather than get up and beat the heat. I didn't get on the road until 8:30am. I knew better...but I did it anyway.
I KNOW how to run in the heat. I've already learned these lessons the hard way...but apparently  I needed to be reminded the hard way.



I didn't COMPLETELY forget my lessons.



I wore  my hat. I managed to remember sunblock. I dressed for the heat. I had my hydropack. I had fuel to eat and I even managed to charge my Garmin.




That's about as far as the successes went.
I made friends with this little snake!...That's a lie.
It hated me and was trying to get away from me while I took it's photo.



I was hot before I even ran 3 miles. I also managed to turn off my Garmin at some point and not realize it...4 separate times. I was familiar with my route though, so other than completely messing with my distance, and pace average it was fine...ish.



Let's just say it was a rough run.



My Chia bar was tasty though, so there's that.
It's Vegan! But not gross.



After sucking through 13 miles, I met up with my Saturday Group and plugged out another 5 miles...which didn't suck.
Running with friends ALWAYS makes things better.



I also made a little detour at the very end and picked up some popsicles for us. Popsicles AWALYS make things better:) 









No comments: