Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rest and Recovery

So I like running...I like running almost everyday.

All the books and training plans talk about resting and recovering, which seems to mean no running.

Boo.

I pretty much just ignore those people and run anyway. I DO make sure it's slower and lower mileage than on my active training days.

The thing is, that I really like running with the group I run with on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's relaxing and really refreshes me inside my head. There is just NO ego involved on these runs, everyone is super nice and encouraging.

Maybe it's because their all new runners and so they just don't know enough about running to worry about specific paces, or what training program you're doing, or PR goals...but I like it:)

I biked down to the lake, ran with the group and walked up the nasty hilly part of the return trip, and then biked the flat.

And it was sunny!

No comments: