Monday, July 30, 2012

Run to Remember

There's a group called "Wear Blue: Run to Remember" that has a chapter that meets about 2 minutes from where I live.

http://www.wearblueruntoremember.org/

The group wears blue shirts and runs to remember fallen soldiers as a living memorial.

They are awesome.

Friendly, and cheerful, even though the subject matter is sad, they manage to make it uplifting.

Normally I don't get the chance to run with them because I'm in the middle of a training cycle and our distances don't match up.  But since I'm "resting" I got to head up and run with them this past Saturday!

Catherine and carpooled up and join George for their 3 mile route.

I really wish the group met closer because I would run with them all the time...they're just great!

During the Rock N' Roll Seattle 1/2 and full marathon this group covered a MILE in volunteers.

They gave out water and Gatorade to runners, cheered for everyone and veterans held big American Flags all in a row along the route.

They also put little american flags along the route with the names and photos of fallen soldiers.

They are awesome.
I also seem to have the suer power of avoiding having my photo taken...

I mean, come on! Seriously?

No comments: