Sunday, August 05, 2012

Dirty Dash 2012!

Last year a group of my running friends and I attended the Warrior Dash (It's one of those "mud" runs).  We had an absolute blast!

This year we decided to run in a different run called the Dirty Dash.  They don't measure the course but they think it's "about 3 miles".  They don't time the race either.  It's just about getting out there and having a great time with your friends.

So clean and innocent...
Mission accomplished!

Post run!
We all signed up as a team so that we could all run in the same "wave" (they start groups every 20 minutes so that the course doesn't get clogged up.)  We also decided to make sure that we all stayed together which was the best decision ever!

The event gave beer for runners 21 and over but I opted for the Root Beer  option:) 
The truth is I really do enjoy "racing" events and knowing that all the hard work from training and then (hopefully) doing well.  There is a real sense of accomplishment there.  One of the things that makes Amy and my "running buddiness" so awesome is that we know that each of us really want the other to do their best...except for those times that we want them to stop and give me a mini snickers bar.

The real awesomeness is that we/she can tell when to do either one:)

But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE running with my friends and doing and event to just have a good time together.  Last year at Race for a Soldier a race the race and stayed with my friend even though I could have run faster I would have had nearly the time I did running WITH my friend.



We are just THAT awesome!



One of the things I like the most about running are the relationships that it helps build.

1 comment:

Michele Harper said...

Pretty cool Terra. I can't thank you enough for introducing me to running. It has been one of the best things that has happened to me. I would have never thought when I joined the Couch to 5K program 18 months ago that it would have such an impact on my life. I've made the best friends and have really learned alot about myself in the process. Thank you, thank you, thank you.