Monday, November 05, 2012

Puddle Jump 5k

Saturday I ran in a local race called the Puddle Jump 5k, 10k run/walk/stroll

I've wanted to run in it since last year when my running buddy Amy told me they give out participation medals.

I'm a a sucker for running bling.

So early Saturday morning I drove over to the starting line and registered...as I was standing there and thinking "I should call Amy and tell her to come run with me because I don't know anyone here" I felt someone hit me in the arm.

Amy!

She had woken up and realized that it wasn't raining and she had time to drive the 3 blocks from her house to the starting line.

I didn't run as fast as I felt my effort warranted, which makes me a bit nervous for the Turkey Trot at the end of the month.

I'm totally going to get my tail handed to me...maybe it will snow again and no one in my age group will show up.

At the Puddle Jump though I managed to snag 3rd place overall woman! (After a tiny confusion where they announced someone named "Jefferies" had won that placement).  PLUS 1st in my age group!

As I was admiring my first ever trophy Amy leaned over and said "enjoy that now, because next year it's mine!"  The funny thing is, next year I will age out of this age group four DAYS after this race:)  But for 6 months I'll be competing against Amy for age division awards.

Boo!

No comments: