Tuesday, July 09, 2013

I'd Druther

Without question, I'd rather do yard work than house work.

Cleaning is SO boring.

On top of that, it's just going to get messy again and I'll have to do it all over.

Last week our friend Jon cut down some trees for me that were growing in our too small of a back yard. Someone, at some point planted them not thinking they would be getting bigger. They also didn't train them so they were just gangly and in the way everytime I mowed the "lawn".

Last Friday I took the chainsaw to the ugly Juniper bush on the side of house. Jon cleaned up the stump so it wasn't in my way.



We had TWO Chriatmas trees hiding over there. And some old lumber:(




It was a snake haven.

I didn't see any but I COULD have!

I borrowed my friend Alice's truck on Saturday and spent 4 hours hauling the brush and limbs to the dump.

Now I have room for my Kiwi Vines!

Oh, and I did speed on Monday. 6 x 800 meter repeats with 1:30 recovery.

My goal pace was 3:23...I made it about half the time.

1. 3:35, 2. 3:24, 3. 3:23, 4.3:28, 5. 3:30, 6. 3:21

I couldn't find the charger for my Garmin so I had to break out my dino 101 :)

It was 76 degrees...which sounds great until you try running fast on a track exposed to direct sun:)




No comments: