Thursday, July 11, 2013

I'm loving running!

I've honestly wondered this year if I was burning out on running.

I kind of dreaded all of my workouts.  I guess "dreaded" is the wrong word, but I wasn't excited about them.  I enjoyed it when I did well, but almost every workout I was talking myself into doing it.

That kind of inner dialog is just not fun.

Long runs were a drag.

But NOW, I have renewed bounce in my step! I'm kind of excited to do speed work that I know will challenge me but that with a little focus is totally doable!

(I'm actually running my speed at the same speed Rich asked me too, so this part makes no sense. Power of the mind, I guess.)

I'm on my third week of marathon training and I'm LOVING IT!

It kind of sucks though that Amy and I are training for completely different distances so our training isn't really matching up right now.  But I think we can manage one training cycle semi on our own...maybe;)

Heather has been running with me, since we all now it's easier to get out for a run when you have friends running with you and that's been great:)

Drew joined us on our Tempo Run yesterday!  Drew is a blast to run with.  He's always happy, he loves running for running's sake and there's something about running with him that brings out the best in you.

Yesterday I had 8 miles.  1 easy, 6 @ 8:05, 1 easy.

We met at 5:30pm so it was still kind of warm out, but it wasn't so bad.
Our "warm up" was 8:12...but it was completely down hill so, whatever.

1. 8:10, 7:57, 7:46, 7:55, 7:51, 7:41

I paused my Garmin so we could re-group for the cool down and forgot to turn it back on.

As you can see my pacing was a bit...all over, but I felt great! I had to keep checking my Garmin so I wasn't running even faster!  I felt great the entire time!


I AM trying to remember that just because I can run these paces TODAY I need to think of tomorrow so that I can continue to progress in the training cycle.  It doesn't do any good to be able to run fast one day a week if it undermines my future workouts.

But it sure does feel good to run again!

I also road my bike all over yesterday.  I just mapped it out and I rode NINETEEN miles yesterday!
I love my bike.

1 comment:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

Wahoo! I'm glad you've for your spark back!