Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Monday has never felt so good.

Last night was the beginning of week #3 of my Marathon training for the Boston Marathon.

I fluctuate between feeling really settled into the routine and not wanting to do the work...usually around Long Run time and those early mornings.


But yesterday wasn't an early morning, it was Speed Night!



Amy even came:)

She's training for a 10k so our workouts aren't the same, but it's still really nice to be running together again.

My workout was a Declining Interval.

                     Goal Time          Run Time
1200 meters    5:10                    5:09
1000 meters    4:16                    4:04
800 meters      3:23                    3:21
600 meters      2:31                    2:38 (I'm not sure what happened here other than losing count of laps)
400 meters      1:39                    1:33

All with 200 meters recovery.  I was a little worried about how I would do with such a short recovery period but it turned out to be a found less worry.  I rocked it:)

I tend to kind of zone out while I'm running, even while on the track doing speed so counting becomes an issue.  I lose track of time, so I don't remember how long I was zoned out and if it's time to stop, or I need to keep going.  I REALLY wish the Garmin was more accurate on a track, because it was magic to have a little box on my wrist that did all my counting.

One of my "resolutions" is to do more maintenance on my gimpy hip. I've pretty much failed in that so far, but yesterday (and today!) I've managed to do at least 15 minutes of Yoga targeting the hips.

I'm REALLY bad.  My hips are so tight, my poses don't even look like the instructors. But hopefully if I keep it up things will start feeling and looking better.

So far I've tried these two videos.


And this one. I like this one because it's short but pretty effective.

1 comment:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

Some of your intervals were faster than my intervals. I need to step up my game.

I've missed doing speed with you. I really enjoyed it. I'm glad I came.