Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sunshine, Barfing, Friends and Icecream

I didn't actually check the temperature yesterday but it was SHORTS WEATHER!

Well...in the Pacific Northwest that is.

It was probably 65 degrees.

I had my speed workout scheduled and Heather and Amy both said they would come out and run with me!



So I promptly got sick.


I have no idea what happened, except that about 15/20 minutes before we were supposed to run I started to feel kind of light headed and my stomach started hurting. It was too late to call and tell them not to come, and like I've said before, I'm a "when in doubt, just do it" kind of gal.

So I put on a long sleeved shirt and grabbed a short sleeved one on the way out (thank goodness) and headed over.

By the time I got to the track, a whole 1.5 away I was pretty sure I was going to throw up.

Amy was there, because it gives her hives to not be early for things. After watching me lay on the group for about 5 minutes she convinced me to walk around the track.

She pointed out, that I would either be fine, or puke and then probably feel fine.

When in doubt...right?

By the time we went 100 yards I had a few false starts but like so often...Amy was right.

After I puked I DID feel better! (I did feel bad for the random lady who was trying to do her workout, who lapped us right as it happened)

Just change "does my knee hurt" to "Am I going to throw up?" and this is perfect!


In fact we felt so much better we challenged some random football guys to some 20 meter dash races.
Amy managed to stay with the group!

She was practically giddy while she raced them. People to sprint with AND talk smack with?!

Heaven for her. (Heather and I were the witnesses at this point. I am not a sprinter:))

Martinho showed everyone what they wanted to be like at 66.
He was right in the middle of the pack with 20 something athletes.

I want to be like him!

We all decided to cut the 10 X 400meters down to 5 X 400 meters. When I finished I wondered if I had short changed myself...but I went from "this was pretty good!" to "I want to go to bed right now" in the time it took to get home.

Goal time 1:40
1:27, 1:28, 1:30, 1:29, 1:27



Jason was super awesome and bought me chicken noodle soup, and moose track ice cream. He even checked on me several times to make sure I had everything I needed...which is more than I do for him when he's sick. I usually just quarantine him and slide food under the door.

Since I felt fine later that night and fine this morning, we figure I ate something that didn't agree with me.

1 comment:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

I'm glad you posted the times. I had no idea what we ran. We did a great job. If was a super fun night!