Tuesday, June 10, 2014

If you run, make sure it's TOO something!

Setting new goals is amazing and hard at the same time.

A new goal means that you reached your last one which is amazing!

A new goal also means that you have to work harder than you were before to see results.

I'll admit I got used to reaching all my pace goals during training. It feels awesome when you finish a workout and see that you went faster than your goal.

It felt wonderful to cross the finish line at Tunnel Lite Marathon last year and know that I had reached a goal that I had been working on for almost 4 years. I almost didn't know what to do with myself afterwards.

Should I try for faster?

Should I try for longer?

I decided to go both feet in:)



I've moved to the next fastest training cycle and am back to doing really well on my long runs, and making my times on my Tempo runs. (I still remember when each one was a real struggle to make pace goals!) But now...now, I'm running hard and kind of squeaking by with my Speed times.

Yesterday I ran 3 X mile repeats.

I hate mile repeats. They are my least favorite speed workout. I don't really know why, but they always seem the hardest.

My goal pace was 6:51 and my actual times were:

6:58, 6:44:6:49

It's really amazing how big of a difference a few seconds make.

I will take the excuse, that I had a head wind on that first mile. I'm sure that made all the difference:)
Which of course makes my second mile with a tail wind!
But I'm pretty happy that I finish with a time so close to my goal pace.

Baby Elephants!


Now all I have to do, is figure out how to fit a 10 mile Tempo run into my day tomorrow!


No comments: