Monday, January 09, 2017

Week #1 review Boston Marathon training

I kind of failed at my Boston Marathon training kick off, last week.




For various reasons I didn't get my Tempo run in on Wednesday.


I still RAN my miles, but I didn't do it at the pace I was supposed to hit. My workout was supposed to be 2 miles warm up (with the cold weather we've been having, I would NEED the long warm up), 2 miles at my short Tempo pace (7:04) and 2 miles cool down.


Instead I ran 5 miles with the members of Tailwind Runners, which has it's own benefits:)


I didn't run my Long Run either...because it was cold, and I didn't want to. I told myself I would run the miles later in the day when it was slightly warmer...but I knew I was lying to myself.


I DID do all my cross training, and all my burpees. I'm up to 30! Yay! I'm going to amp up my Iron Strength cross training to the full workout this week, so I anticipate a lot of soreness in my immediate future.


I've packed my lunch full of boring food and ate lots of vegetables.


Honestly though, it hasn't been too awful. Ok...I cheated a little and worked in some chocolate so that I wouldn't get too cranky about all those vegetables. It's more sustainable that way.


I tried out a new recipe - Avocado Lime Shrimp Salad  which is delicious! But really? What's not to love about avocado, shrimp and lime?



I start my training for real tonight. I'll be doing my first official Speed workout tonight...in the cold, and the dark, probably by myself. And once I get going, it won't be bad at all:)




No comments: