Tuesday, September 20, 2011

and it only took 15 weeks!

When I started the Run Less, Run Faster program I started learning what a "real" speed workout was like I thought I was going to die.

It was hot, humid, and HARD.

Back then we were still thinking that the Green Way was the best place for speed. I guess it's pretty flat, but it also has a lot of tree coverage which makes it horribly humid PLUS due to the trees my Garmin gives me stupid pace readings- something that is REALLY unwelcome on a speed run. Back then we didn't know how to set up our nifty Garmin Forerunners to track our workout and tell us when to run, and when to recover, and how fast to run.

We are much wiser now:)

Now we run on one of those awesome cushy tracks, pre-load workouts on our Garmins, and through practice don't feel like we're going to keel over in a gasping heap.
We do still walk our recoveries though:)

The way I look at it, if they wanted us to jog the recovery the book wouldn't have given us the choice to walk.

It's 10 days until St. George and I'm getting really excited! I feel ready to do my best, and thanks to the training I've had over the last 15 weeks my best is better than I have ever done!

No comments: