Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Holy COW


There are days when I miss the South. The fact that in the South you get a real summer where I might actually feel like putting on a bathing suite. Where I can actually grow a tomato.

Not that I'm bitter about that.

But the one thing that I will never have to worry about when running in the Pacific Northwest- you NEVER overheat!

And we certainly didn't over heat last night.

We had a very last Speed workout last night, and it was fantastic!

6 X 400 Meter repeats with a goal pace of 1:37 (or 6:28 per mile pace) with 400 meters RI between each.

We got to the track...and found that there was Football game going on.
We spoke to a Bus driver who told us there was only about 20 minutes left- and who also let us sit on the bus and out of the rain:)

We had to re-warm up by the time we got on the track but then we busted out our speed work and it FELT GREAT! I loved it! I also love feeling like I'm a stronger runner and even a faster runner.

It's still so new to me to feel like I can actually be at the front of the group.
I checked the results from a local 5k run...I would have placed 1st in my age group if I had run that day!

WHAT THE HECK?! I've never, ever, even thought I had a chance to be anywhere NEAR the front of my age division.

And I certainly never thought I would be THREE DAYS away from running a marathon that has a better than average chance of giving me a Boston Qualifying time...cross my fingers, and knock on some wood.

2 comments:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

It's gonna be awesome!

Hoovy4 said...

You've earned the BQ! Have fun onc your adventure, and let you hard work pay off on Saturday!