Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm a little sad.


My marathon has come and gone, and now, even though I just started my 5k training with Amy for the Santa Runs Tacoma 5k in December I feel sad that my marathon is done.

Oh, I'm "participating" in a 1/2 marathon this weekend, but I fully plan on practically walking it.

Probably.

My friend Lissa is coming in from out of town to visit and has also registered, so either I run it faster than she can and wait at the finish line until she gets there or stick with her.

Waiting is boring, but then again so is walking 13.1 miles.

Tonight was our first official night of Speed training for the program
2X 1600 1X800 (400RI)
Our target for the 1600 meters was 6:42 and 6:23 for the 800 meters.

I think my Garmin needs to be reset. It kept telling me I was running slower than I WAS! No really. It also always has me run .03 miles farther than Martinho and Amy.

Tonight I ran about 10 feet behind Amy for then entire 1600 meters and my watch told me I ran it in 6:44 & 6:53 while HERS said she was running 6:22 & 6:29.

Dumb watch.

Both Amy and I are planning on racing the upcoming Zombie Dash in an effort to get an accurate 5k time. Her last one was Run for Rhett 5k and she did that thinking she was going to be running an additional 10 miles after. Mine...was something around 4 years ago. I have no idea what I run at the 5k distance.

I honestly have no idea HOW to pace a 5k distance. Particularly now that I run faster. I know what I've done in speed training but that's it.

1 comment:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

I have a feeling you're going to be racing your half this weekend.

I would.