Monday, April 02, 2012

I did it, I did it, I really really did it!

I'll be honest, I've been struggling with motivation lately.

It might be because it's cold and rainy and I am MORE than ready for Spring i.e SUNSHINE!

Last week my calves were killing me. I was going to skip my Tempo last week but Catherine talked me into running it anyway and I could tell I was working harder than I should have been to make pace of 7:58. My muscles were borderline cramping by the end of the night.


I got a massage that made such a difference...as well as skipping my Thursday run...and Saturday Long Run. The weather was REALLY bad that morning and through the magic of texting Amy at 7am we decided that if the birds couldn't fly in it, we couldn't run in it.

So I went back to bed.

But tonight's speed was amazing!
I was a little dubious because when I read we're doing 400 meter repeats I THINK it's going to be easy and it never is.

Tonight's workout consisted of 6 X400 (1:30 Rest) X2
That's right. TWELVE 400 meters.
My goal pace was 6:30 and I rocked them all!
6:07, 6:28, 6:20, 6:20, 6:32, 6:22, 6:31, 6:27, 6:30, 6:32, 6:16, 6:19,

O.K technically a couple were a second or two over my goal pace, but I'm still counting them as wins!

No comments: