Friday, September 07, 2012

Summer days

Sure my friend Amy over at Run Mom Run uses sunny days that reach temperatures above 70 degrees to go to the nasty smelly lake that MAY or may NOT contain dead people...

But I prefer food.

OR an activity that results in food.

Mostly just food.

When I was younger my mother tortured my siblings and I by dragging us out of bed at obscene hours of the morning and hitching us up to her Chain Gang forced labor crew and made us pick Blackberries...pounds and pounds of delicious Blackberries.

Sure we none of us were/are morning people and were horribly embarrassed by the fact that she would drive us to some spot and make us gather Blackberries on the side of the road (still not as bad as when she would stop at people's houses and ask if she could pick seed pods from their flower beds) but nothing compares to warm blackberry cobbler and vanilla ice cream in the middle of winter.

Today I went blackberry picking...and now I want blackberry cobbler

I also need to go get MORE blackberries!  You can't have too many blackberries.

I might also need to apologize to my mother...nah.

On a side note, it was really hard to run past MILES of beautifully ripe Thimbleberries and Blackberries while running in Ragnar in July.  Seriously all I wanted to do was stop and eat them straight off the vine.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have a REALLY good recipe for a blackberry Merlot sorbet. YUM!