Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What to do...

Rich got sick on Monday so I was left to my own devices for the first time in forever...

I decided to do a workout from Run Less Run Faster and ended up doing the Speed workout for the Taper week for the Half Marathon program.

Which makes sense because I've got a race this weekend!

The Snohomish River Run Half Marathon.

Originally I was going to "race" it but my legs haven't been feeling super fresh lately and I'm just getting over a cold so that's probably not going to happen.

But who knows, maybe I'll wake up with wings on my feet race morning:)

Speed went pretty well...I started my first Repeat WAY to fast, so the splits weren't all that even. Got to work on that.  But I made most of my goal paces.

I kind of panicked getting dressed and put on as many layers as I could manage...which were unnecessary:)  But I survived.

Right now I'm trying to keep my motivation to run during the cold WET winter months by deciding on my 2013 racing schedule...so many races, so little time.

I DID manage to find a costume for the Monster Bash run at Pints Barn tomorrow.  I don't usually dress up because I'm worried the costume will annoy me while I run, but then feel lame seeing all the other runners...

I just need to find one for Grace (my dog)  She would look so cute as a ghost but the chances of getting her to do that are about zero.

...I wonder if I still have those fairy wings?

No comments: