Monday, December 03, 2012

Love it!

Whenever I'm not in the middle of a training plan and have some flexabilty in my time and distance on my Long Runs I like to join an awesome running group called:

Wear Blue: Run to Remember

That's me in the grey shirt with the rainbow on it...not looking at the camera. The cute blond is my friend Cindy...I'd also like to point out that the date stamp on this photo is correct.  It really IS the middle of July and people are wearing long sleeves to go running. Welcome to the Pacific Northwest.

It's a free non-profit group that wears these awesome blue shirts and the members run together to remember the fallen, serving and missing military members.  It could be a totally depressing group due to the subject matter but I have never met a more friendly welcoming group in my life.

I LOVE to run with them!

Saturday I really wanted to stay in bed, but I told some friends I would meet them at the run AND it wasn't raining so I got up.  I'm glad I did, because the sun actually came out for our run!  In December!

I took my dog Grace with me, because she's getting a little chubby and she just makes better decisions when she's gotten enough exercise...kind of like people:) She loved all the little kids who wanted to pet her.

Now if only I could get Running Buddy Amy to come to a run...

No comments: