Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Running again!

Heather and I were going to do our speed work together, but because it's super hot these days, and she works night shift at the hospital sometimes that doesn't always work.  It turns out she needs to sleep at some point in the day as well.

I thought about skipping the workout...I tried to talk myself into believing I would do it "tomorrow" but some lies are just too big.

So I laced up my running shoes and headed off to the track.

My goals were:
1 Mile @ 7:02, 2 Miles @7:12, 2 X 800 @ 6:46(3:23)

What I did was:
1 Mile @ 7:01, 2 Miles @ (7:19, 7:04) 2 X 800 @ (3:28, 3:24)

I lost count of my laps on the 2 mile portion but figured it out before I wrecked my time.  There is absolutely no reason that I didn't make my goal time in the first 800, I just didn't pace correctly. I'm totally counting that last one as meeting my goal.

Tonight was Tempo Night!

I actually kind of enjoy running tempos these days.

My goals were:
1 mile easy, 4 miles @ 7:50, 1 mile easy.

What I did was:
1 mile @ 8:37, 4 miles @ (7:45, 7:30, 7:30, 7:31) 1 mile @ a walk/run- it was hot and Heather wanted to walk up Deschutes.  I was ok with that plan:)

Wow...I really thought I did better on pacing than that. I sucked at pacing.  I was really watching my watch too!  It seemed like I was either going way to fast, or way to slow:(

I hope you enjoy this video, that has nothing to do with running.  I just thought this post needed a little pizzaz!


No comments: