Thursday, February 20, 2014

Runs Fueled by Cupcakes are the Best!

O.K.

I'll admit, it.  I was a tinsy bit worried about my running this last week and half.  I've been changing my diet so that it's more nutrient dense, which seems to also mean eating less candy sadly.

My long run last week was a bit on the sluggish side and the week before that was just a hot mess.

I had a fantastic day skiing but had to cut it short because my knee was KILLING me.  I tried to squeak out a couple extra runs, and...I honestly would have walked back down if it had been an option.  At one point I tried to just "pizza" down the last hill and I couldn't do it.  I thought about just rolling down.

If I had not been in "just get down this one last hill" mode I would have remembered Glissading and done that.

I would have at least not looked so ridiculous.

My knee was fine when I wasn't trying to ski badly on it.

BUT the calf muscle on my other leg was NOT happy with me on Monday.  I was having shooting pains just walking around the house.

But running buddies unite! It was gross and raining and Heather ended up working later than normal and couldn't make it to the speed workout...Since I really wasn't sure I wouldn't make things worse by running on it, I skipped my speed workout this week. Plus, I didn't want to run alone or in the rain.



It was a good decision.

I massaged the muscle and sat on my butt, and when my Tempo came around I was in tip top shape:)

I even had friends to run with. (Shout out to Mike and James and the Bonjour Bombshells and Bombers!)

2 miles easy, 3 miles at 7:35 (I skipped the cool down mile)

9:37, 8:32, 7:22, 7:14, 6:59!

So yeah, I nailed it.

I had wondered if I could maintain the speed I was running when Randy was running with me, so it felt good to do it last night AND to not work too terribly hard at it.

Then I had another cupcake because I'm so awesome:)



(I forgot to eat decently before the run, so I had a delicious Vanilla with Cream cheese frosting and Salted Carmel cupcake 30 minutes before the run)


1 comment:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

Great job! I'm glad you picked right back up after a few not up to par run!