Sunday, March 02, 2014

A Freebie

My training plan for the Boston Marathon has a lot of 20 milers in it.

5 of them to be exact.

Last week end was the 3rd for me.

I knew Amy wasn't going to make it, but I have made a new Running Buddy named James, and he said he would run the first loop with me.

THANK GOODNESS.

The truth is, I bore myself. No one is that interesting.

Friday night, I had a lot of trouble sleeping and ended up in bed at midnight...and woke up at 3:30am.
I didn't get back to sleep until approx. 5am.

Which hurts when you have a 6am alarm.

But I got up and put on all my gear (I lay it out the night before so I don't have to try and remember things in the morning) and got in the car.

Then I turned around and went back inside to get my breakfast out of the microwave. Yep, I eat in the car on the way to my run. It works for me.

I got to South Sound Running and reached for my Garmin...which I had left on the dinning room table.
(Fully charged though!)

James was bright eyed and bushy tailed and since I had already mapped out the course I didn't really need the Garmin. I did take note of when we started though, because come on!

It was a pretty good run. My eyes felt tired but otherwise nothing horrible. 

It wasn't even raining.

But when I dropped James off at SSR my motivation plummeted. I had a tiny bit of a time crunch so if I ended up loosing steam on the run, it would mean I would be late for the Couch to 5k Program I lead on Saturdays...Plus, I was so TIRED. Like, sleepy tired.



I opted to go home and take a nap instead of finish my run.

I cashed in my first Marathon Training Freebie.

Less than 4 hours of sleep and a 20 miler, just does not bode well.

It's not so bad. I'm going to use this week as my "down" week, and do my 20 miles this coming Saturday. Which works out even better since I have The Tacoma St. Paddy's Day 1/2 Marathon on one of my 20 miler days...but not anymore!

No comments: