Thursday, March 20, 2014

I've got gardening on my mind

The weather has been amazing lately!

Which means that I want to garden.

Badly.

BUT, it' still a bit too early in the year to plant. There is still the threat of a frost. It's weird but out here you don't plan until after Mothers Day.

IN MAY.

In North Carolina, where I grew up the first planting season has come and gone by May, so it really messes with my internal clock to be so far north.

To mollify myself I have started some seeds inside as well as some eating sprouts.

I forgot to label them, but I'm 99% sure I know at least 3 of them.
Radish, Alfalfa, broccoli and some other random seed that struck my fancy.

A week later

It turns out that Radish sprouts taste like spicy radish roots! This only surprised me because when Chrissy and I planted radishes last year, we found out that the adult greens taste nothing like radishes and are actually pretty bland.

Sugar Snap Peas!
So far I have Sugar Snap Peas, Radishes, Beets, Kale, Lettuce blend, Purple Carrots, Peruvian Carrots (they're round!) and some Lemon Cucumbers...which probably won't last, because I planted them VERY early. I need to get some cherry tomatoes started:)

Oh, and I ran last night. I baled on my tempo and ran with the group and got to see a rainbow!


No comments: